Augmented Reality or AR is a technology that combines the real world with computer-generated content in real-time. AR can enter information into the virtual world and display it in the real world with aids such as cameras or special glasses.
How does Augmented Reality work?
As previously discussed, Augmented Reality can be displayed on various devices. The device will display information in the form of videos, images, animations, and 3D models that need to be used. AR uses SLAM (Silmultaneous Localization and Mapping) technology, sensors and depth gauges. For example collecting sensor data to calculate distance, determine location, etc.
In this modern era, augmented reality is considered a very profitable technology for many sectors, here are examples of the application of AR:
- Retail sector, such as the IKEA company, uses augmented reality, where shoppers can see directly the furniture in their home using an application.
- Game Sector, still remember the game Pokemon Go? This is one of the applications of AR in the gaming sector. Users can see Pokemon in the real world by using the application.
- Broadcast, can be seen in broadcasting sports programs, where animations such as billboards are displayed on the screen.
- Social Media, almost everyone has used Instagram filters. The filters are created using AR as the 3D object and using AI as the logic.
- Health Industry, This technology is used to assist surgery planning, patient care and become a learning media