Quoted from mastersindatascience.org, Data Scientist is a job that combines forms of computer science (programming), statistics, and mathematics to collect, interpret and analyze large sets of structured and unstructured data. Data scientists usually work in teams to collect various data and information. This data is used to predict customer behavior and identify new business opportunities. In practice, data scientists also conduct experiments on the collected data with the aim of proving and providing the most suitable solutions for business or business development.
Data scientist taskWhat skills are needed?
Data scientist task
- Identify data collection sources that meet business needs.
- Process, clean and consolidate data.
- Automatic data collection and management processes.
- Analyze large amounts of data to predict trends and provide reports with recommendations.
- Collaborate with business, engineering and product teams.
- Develop, implement and maintain databases.
- Generate information and insights from data sets and identify trends and patterns.
- Prepare reports for executive and project teams.
- Data analysis, analyzing data to produce visual data to make it easier to understand
- Statistical skills, used in this work more to the use of samples and populations
- Programming, have knowledge and experience coding with several languages such as R, Python, and others
- Database, requires SQL (Structured Query Language) to handle structured data in the database
- Business Understanding, to communicate complex ideas and make organizational (enterprise) decisions based on data